We are currently looking for a new team member – either a front office assistant or a surgical assistant. Well-qualified applicants are welcome to apply. Email applications or questions about open positions to Dr. I-Ling Chen ([email protected]).
Front Office Assistant
Our busy, three office oral surgery practice seeks a friendly, caring, motivated front office assistant. Duties of the position include:
Patient Interaction & Scheduling:
- Assuring overall patient satisfaction with appointment scheduling, office visits, and with financial transactions.
- Scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Welcoming and greeting patients in person or on the telephone; answering patient questions and communicating with doctors to answer patient questions.
- Comforting patients by anticipating possible anxieties, questions, and concerns.
- Protecting patient rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information; maintaining knowledge of patient privacy rights and clinician responsibilities.
- Communicate with staff at referring doctor’s offices to facilitate patient scheduling and treatment.
Patient appointments & records
- Keeping appointments on schedule by notifying clinical staff of patient’s arrival or any changes in schedule.
- Assuring all appropriate clinical documentation is ready before treatment (e.g. x-rays, referrals, history and physical).
- Assuring that insurance and payment information and patient demographic forms are completed correctly and completely.
- Assuring availability of all treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records (i.e. x-ray images, referral documents, laboratory tests, medical clearance, consent, etc.).
- Maintain patient accounts by requesting, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Record and update financial information; collect patient payments; file, collect, and expedite third-party claims.
- Knowledge of medical/dental treatment coding used for insurance.
- Maintain a clean, organized and welcoming reception area.
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking supplies, anticipating supply needs, and placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Help other staff by assisting in tasks and duties as needed; show initiative and problem solving.
Applicants should have a friendly, outgoing manner with patients and referring doctors in person and on the telephone, be able to manage time and multiple tasks, be organized with attention to detail and compliance to rules and regulations. All applicants must be able to use computer scheduling software and word processing software. The position is salaried with pay commensurate with education and experience. Permanent staff receive paid vacation and a number of personal days per year. Preference will be given to applicants with evidence of continuing education or professional certifications such as CPR.
Applications should provide a resume along with the contact information of three references. Email applications to Dr. I-Ling Chen ([email protected]).
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Assistant Position
Our busy, three office oral surgery practice seeks a friendly, caring, motivated surgical assistant. The assistant will aid the surgeons, work closely with other staff, and serve patients to make procedures as comfortable and safe as possible. The oral surgery assistant helps prepare and sterilize all necessary instruments for the surgeons. The assistant also helps maintain a clean, inviting, and organized work area and office.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Proof of hepatitis B vaccination
- CPR certification required (can be obtained after employment begins)
A current Maryland dental radiation technologist x-ray certification is required, but can be obtained during employment.
Prior experience as a clinical assistant is helpful and we provide training to new employees
Chair-side assisting during oral surgery and anesthesia; explain post-op instructions to patients; x-ray and intra-oral imaging; maintain instruments and prepare operating rooms; autoclave operation and infection control; provide a high standard of patient care and customer service.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
Applications should provide a cover letter and resume along with the contact information of three references. Email applications to Dr. I-Ling Chen ([email protected]).