Your initial appointment is a consultation where one of the doctors make an examination and explain your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed during the initial appointment visit. Most commonly, a second appointment is required to carry out any surgical procedures.
All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during all visits.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your initial appointment:
- Completed patient registration form (submit an electronic copy and also bring a printed copy to your appointment)
- Your referral slip from a dentist or medical doctor
- Any x-rays or test results, if applicable.
- A complete list of medications you are presently taking.
- Medical or dental insurance forms and insurance card(s). This will save time and allow us to help you process insurance payment claims.
Please alert the doctor during your initial visit if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, bone health, etc.).
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
If your treatment involves intravenous (IV) sedation: Please do not eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery if you are receiving intravenous (IV) sedation. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the doctor before surgery if you have any changes in medical condition or medication that occurred since your initial consultation appointment.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.